Sunday 11 March 2018

SketchUp Draft Model 1



My first draft model of the warehouse space using SketchUp is based of a combination of two of my initial 18 section sketches: 'balance' from Fig.1 and 'approach' from Fig.2. 



Fig.1 Balance - Candied



Fig.2 Elevate - Approach





I have used industrious materials such as concrete and aluminium to be cohesive with those used in the construction of Revival Cycles motorbikes, such as metal tubing, as well as glass to create the sense of unassuming lightness that motorbikes can have when reaching high speeds. 


 The decision to set my model in a mountainous landscape was inspired by churches and castles throughout Europe, for example Neuschwanstein Castle in Germany, as pictured above. The spires of such buildings mimic the ridges of their rugged setting and the sculptural shape of my model mirrors this dramatic effect in a more contemporary and conceptual manner. 

No comments:

Post a Comment